Friday, February 26, 2010

Today is Monday, February 21, 2010.

I had my assessment and first meeting with Mike! It went really well. Going through several exercises over 90 minutes, he checked my form and noted my strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I was very happy with it.

I found out that my form is a lot better than I thought, and when it's off I recognize fairly quickly and adjust it. That was exciting to hear! Mike showed me how to use the foam roller to massage out the lactic acid in my muscles and that was amazing. I felt so fantastic after that I may well have been floating.

Even though I know in my head that this was a workout, the workouts I have been doing have been so intense and I've been so exhausted after they were done, that this one seems light comparatively. And yet I was sweating and I can feel that my muscles had a workout. I feel really good and I finally understand how a workout can give a person energy. My old workouts made me feel good, but they also exhausted me. These make me feel good and I can finish my day.

I have 2 regular workouts schedule for this week and at the end of the week Mike will have a routine worked up for me. I'll be able to look at it online, with a description of the exercises and some video that will show me how they should be done. That way I can do the exercises by myself if Mike's away, or if I'm at other gyms or wherever.

This workout has helped to soothe some of my anxiety and now I'm really excited and upbeat about everything to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment