Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ok, yes, probably wheat and nuts. maybe dairy.

So I've been really careful for the last few weeks. I took wheat out first. That was SO hard. I was definitely craving everything wheat that I could get my hands on. But I have to say, within a couple days the dark circles under my eyes were mostly gone. I also noticed that I felt calmer. I wasn't getting that anxious clench in my stomach that I get a lot.

But I was definitely trying to eat anything that I could, looking for something that would give me that wheat taste/flavor/whatever. Never found it.

After a couple weeks that need went away. But I still had some darkness around my eyes. So Mike told me to try taking out dairy. I took it out and I don't think that made a difference. I didn't notice any change in the eyes, the way I felt, anything.

I bought some beautiful hickory smoked almonds at the farmer's market- just so yummy- and I had those one day for my fats. 6 servings. The next morning when I woke up my eyes were all dark again. I was pretty angry about that. I love nuts as much as I love wheat, and here I seem to have an intolerance for that as well.

So I've taken out nuts and wheat and sometimes dairy. I'm eating dairy about every 2-3 days just because I'm not sure if I have an intolerance for it. I think I need to call my doctor and see if I can get tested for food allergies. But those tests don't always give accutrate results. So, who knows? Right now I'm judging by my eyes.

Anyways. I had a weigh in a couple weeks ago and It didn't go well. I hadn't seen Manuel in a month and I had been SO careful. I was really on point for what I was eating and I was on the mark with my exercise. I had really started noticing a lot of changes in my body shape and the way my clothes fit and then I stepped on the scale. In one month I had only lost 2.5 pounds. I was not happy.

Here I had been really, really good and that was the result. I felt like it had been a wasted month. I know in my head it wasn't wasted, but that's how it felt. I have Manuel and Mike for a very short time. A year seems like a long time, but it's really not. Manuel said that having been as on point as I was meant we could be certain that I was on a plateau. So he told me we'd pull back from 1600 to 1400 calories. He was going to wait till after Thanksgiving so I would have some flexibility on the holiday. I decided I didn't need the flexibility because I had cut out all the stuff that I would normally eat that would be the big calorie hits for me- No stuffing, no pie, no rolls- all have wheat. So I pulled myself back to 1400 Thanksgiving week. Tomorrow I have a weigh in. Let's see what happens.

Unfortunately this week I haven't been able to exercise at all this week because I've been really sick. I had a fever yesterday, I've been taking Mucinex to get my lungs clear, I've been exhausted. Today was the first day I stepped out of my apartment for any time at all. But walking back up the stairs- 2 1/2 flights- was exhausting. I've been really careful about my eating because of that.

I hope this weigh in is better. I don't see how it couldn't be better.

I'm worried about December's eating in some ways. There are so many Chanukah parties coming up (I missed one tnite because of this cold and I'm fine with that) and my birthday is Saturday and people want to take me out for my birthday.And when I go home to Texas there will be all sorts of possibilities for breaking my good habits. I have to figure out how to deal with all these things. I noticed that Manuel has posted some things about holiday party survival so I'll read through those.

So, to sum up, I've taken a lot of stuff out of my diet and It's affected the structure of my diet quite a bit. I definitely feel calmer than before and I'm totally fine now with the changes. It took some getting used to, but in the end I'm not as upset with it as I was when I thought about making the changes. There are a lot of challenges coming up and I need to find some tools to help me through them, but in the end I know it'll be fine. If I feel like things are getting out of control I can actually chose to opt out of all these things and be okay with that as well. I can totally chose not to eat any of it. But I'd like to find a way to have some of it if I can.

I hope you all are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment