Wednesday, March 17, 2010

week 3 post 2

I met with Manuel again for the metabolic rate test and official weigh-in (261 by his scale) to get my starting weight and numbers. He talked with me about the concepts of calories in and calories out and how much is too much out. That's been a big issue of mine, doing too much exercise and sending my body into so much stress that it holds onto every calorie.

He's asked me to do no more than and average of 400 calories out from exercise per day. So if my workouts with Mike burn about 500 calories and my cardio for that day is about 700, that's 1100 calories/7, that's about 157 calories per day so far.

I felt really guilty because I wasn't able to get to the store yet to buy the stuff for the new breakfasts and snacks, so that hasn't changed yet. I've been eating really healthy stuff, but not what he asked me too. I also wasn't able to get a heart rate monitor to get the accurate calorie count of the workouts with Mike. I was frustrated with myself for not getting to it even though my schedule just couldn't allow it. But I'll get to it tommorrow, my regular shopping day for the week.

So Manuel came up with a preliminary eating plan for me with guesses for how many calorie and their breakdown into carbs, proteins, etc. until I can get the right counts to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment